You are here


You will find in this section the latest public news regarding the liquefied natural gas market, regulation and innovations. Please type any keyword in the search box and /or use the  ”area”, “topic” and “date” filters to refine your search. Feel free to submit your news to GIIGNL using the contact form.


August 16, 2019

New LNG import terminal in China

A Chinese distribution company (Shenzen Gas) will launch its first import terminal in southern China. The LNG facility will be located at the Yantian port and will have an annual capacity of 800,000 tonnes of LNG. It will be connected to the municipal gas grid  and will include a LNG berth and a storage tank with an 80,000-cbm capacity. ENI is supplying the first cargo and it will be operated by Sino-Benny.

August 14, 2019

BP publishes FOB LNG contract template

BP has published the FOB Master Sale and Purchase Agreement template for LNG transactions. This follows its publication of the Delivered Ex-Ship Master Sale and Purchase Agreement template for LNG transactions in April 2019. Both publications are aimed at informing the broader discussion around standardization and liquidity in LNG markets.

August 7, 2019

Ameris Capital acquires Mejilones LNG terminal stake

Ameris Capital acquired a 37% stake in GNL Mejillones for US$193.5m. GNL Mejillones operates the LNG import terminal located in Chile’s Antofagasta region. Engie controls the remaining 63% stake in GNL Mejillones.

July 31, 2019

European Commission approves public support for Croatian LNG terminal

The European Commission has found Croatian plans to support the construction and operation of an LNG terminal at Krk island to be in line with EU State aid rules. The measures will support the construction and operation of a floating LNG terminal, consisting of an FSRU and the connections to the national gas transmission network. The LNG terminal is designed to transport up to 2.6 bcm/y of natural gas into Croatia national transmission network as from 2021.

Edited from European Commission Press Release

July 25, 2019

Total develops the LNG market in Benin

Total, the Republic of Benin and the Société Béninoise d’Energie Electrique have signed the Gas Supply Agreement and the Host Government Agreement for the development of an LNG import terminal and the supply of up to 0.5 MTPA of LNG to Benin for 15 years, starting in 2021.

Total will develop and operate the regasification infrastructure that will comprise an FSRU located offshore Benin and an offshore pipeline connected to the power plants in Maria Gléta.

Edited from Total Press Release