GLE launches European small-scale LNG map
March 28, 2014
The newly launched GLE small-scale LNG map provides the following information:
- LNG import terminals offering new LNG services
- Reloading: Transfer of LNG from the LNG reservoirs of the terminal into a vessel
- Transshipment: Direct transfer of LNG from one vessel into another
- Loading of bunker ships: LNG is loaded on bunkering ships which supply to LNG-fuelled ships or LNG bunkering facilities for vessels
- Truck loading: LNG is loaded on tank trucks which transport LNG in smaller quantities
- Rail loading: LNG is loaded on rail tanks which transport LNG in smaller quantities
- LNG small-scale liquefaction plants: LNG is produced in small scale liquefaction plants to respond to peak shaving demand or make available natural gas to regions where it is not economically or technically feasible to build new pipelines.
- LNG bunkering facilities for vessels: This stationary facility allows ships to bunker LNG to be used as fuel for the vessel.
- LNG bunker ship: This ship supplies LNG directly to LNG-fuelled ships or to LNG bunkering facilities for vessels.
- LNG refuelling stations for trucks: This facility allows trucks to fill LNG to be used as fuel.
- LNG satellite storage: They enable to store LNG in small quantities in areas where there is no high pressure pipeline. LNG is delivered mainly by trucks (but also by small LNG ships) to these satellite plants where it is then stored and regasified into the natural gas distribution networks or used by an end user.
The European small-scale LNG MAP is accessible at: http://www.gie.eu/index.php/maps-data