Panama’s first LNG terminal receives commissioning cargo

June 14, 2018

Share this:

Costa Norte, the first LNG import terminal in Panama and Central America received a commissioning cargo from Cheniere’s Sabine Pass liquefaction plant. The terminal consists of a 180,000cbm LNG tank, a jetty and regasification facilities. Total capacity of the LNG terminal is expected to be 1.5 MTPA.

AES Corporation of US has a 50.1% in the $1.1 billion LNG-to-power project that includes a 380MW combined-cycle gas turbine. The other 49.9% belongs to Inversiones Bahia of Panama. In 2017, AES signed a deal with Engie under which the latter would supply 400,000 tons of LNG per year over a 10-year period to the Costa Norte LNG terminal.

Edited from LNG World News article.